- The Spirit is always the teacher (even in teaching I do at work)
- The student need to be engaged, active participants, and to be presented with problems to solve, not just be lectured at.
- The best teachers are sometimes people without degrees or special training.
- The most important tool in teaching is the teacher's attitude. (click here for more on this)
- The best thing we can do in teaching is to make it very easy and simple to understand (even when teaching adults, in fact, more so when teaching adults)
Tuesday, March 15, 2011
Coming to DC has presented me a number of teaching experiences. Besides all the teaching I do at work. I have been blessed with the opportunity to teach Sunday School at church and to give a talk in Sacrament. As always, I'm the one learning the most. All of these opportunities have helped remind me of some very important principles to effective teaching: