Monday, April 18, 2011

DC Young Single Adult Institute Choir




I feel so lucky to have been able to participate in the DC Regional Institute Choir. It has been so uplifting and fun. I love to sing and the songs we have chosen to sing are all new to me, but very fun. More than the fun, this choir is accompanied by an orchestra, narration, and slide show. A sound system and speakers are also set up for us at every performance. Yesterday was our first performance and it was so much fun. I haven't performed anything for a really long time, but this was really fun. There's nothing like being the one singing the words. I know you can feel the spirit when you listen to people sing, but when you're singing, it's another level of "feeling it". It's like the concept of "flow" described by Daniel Pink, when you're totally in the moment that you almost lose yourself in whatever you are doing. It's a natural high that everyone should experience in their lifetime. This Saturday we will be performing at the DC Visitors Center at the Temple. I'm excited. We practiced for so long and now we get to reap the rewards. This picture shows me in the Soprano section. The girl sitting on my right sat next to me and when she found out I was a 1st Soprano, she said "Good. Divas!" It was hilarious. The top picture is Brother Toma our choir director. He has also been my institute teacher since I got here. He's inspiring.

No comments:

Post a Comment