- I've learned to start the class even if there are only a few people there.
- I've learned to ask open ended questions like "What are your thoughts on this?"
- I've learned to be present and in the moment when people are commenting.
- I've learned to relax in front of a crowd.
- I've learned to let people talk and to talk less myself.
- I've learned to always keep the purpose of the lesson in mind.
Sunday, May 8, 2011
Teaching Sunday School
I have been teaching Sunday School in my ward for the last couple months and have learned more about the teachings and nature of Jesus Christ. It has been a privilege to teach and I will be sad to leave this ward and this calling. There are a number of lessons I've learned in regards to being a better teacher and I want to write them down here before I forget them: